HISTORY

History


The property was called « Clos des Quatre Vents » at the beginning of the 21st century. This place is located on a mound that exposes it to the « four winds », offering us a panorama similar to an ocean of vines absolutely amazing. From the property, you can see the river of the Garonne and the famous Château Margaux.
Before, the property was know as « Château Arnaud Blanc », an old vat built in 1840. It belonged to the owners of Château Malescot-Saint-Exupéry and produced 200 barrels every year.
In the 1893 edition of the book by Cocks & Féret, we learn that the owners « have substituted the meadows a magnificent vineyard of 45 hectares whose vat and cellar are worthy of attention. The wine produced is delicate and fragnant. »
The history of the property has hap up and downs until the purchase by the Thienpont’s family in 2005. This one rebuilt the property and allowed to completely rehabilitate the vineyard.

In 2014, a group of chinese investors bought the property, Liaoning Sifang Manor Wine International Trading Co. Also owner of 500 hectares of vineyards in the north of China, the icewine WU NU SHAN MILAN WINE is very famous.

ffd54ab0-0c05-4b53-a029-bf8f1be620bf

Presentation


The village is 30 mins from Bordeaux. The Margaux appellation was created since 1954 and groups 5 villages : Margaux, Soussans, Cantenac, Arsac & Labarde. Vignobles des Quatre Vents, we first see the long building in the sunny color before discovering the vines. The total area of this communal appellation is around 1490 hectares.

At Vignobles des Quatre Vents, there is 28 hectares under 3 appellations :
  • 7 hectares in Margaux appellation for 3 wines : Clos des Quatre Vents, Tayac-Plaisance and Villa des Quatre Sœurs
  • 13 hectares in Haut-Médoc appellation : Château Bonneau
  • 8 hectares in Bordeaux appellation : Z Rouge

  • In the heart of the historic Margaux terroir, row of vines point out in all directions, "aux Quatre Vents" of his estate located on a natural heritage: hectares of vineyards offered in the sun of the Medoc.